Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Splurge: Real Techniques Blush Brush

I finally have it: the Real Techniques Blush Brush.


Ever since I got into the YouTube side of beauty things, I've been hearing loads about the Real Techniques brush line made by make-up artist and beauty gurus, Pixiwoo. Of course I had to have it and when I got my grubby little mitts on the Core Collection, I totally understood why people are in love with this line. So it goes without saying that I had to have more- particularly, the Blush Brush.

Now this one brush had been making eyes at me for a while and in my trip to London, I decided to use some of my pocket money to finally buy the brush (and maybe more brush sets). Alas, every Boots I popped into were sold out of the brushes and so I ended up with one (or four) Miracle Complexion sponge instead. So when I saw this baby in a bazaar with maybe a good 10%-15% off the regular price I immediately got it.

The brush very slightly heavier than my Sonia Kashuk brush, which may be because of the latter's bamboo handle.The bristles are so, so soft and is cut to a bulb-like shape. The ferrule is round, not pinched, and there are no "edges" to the shape of the bristles. The bristles, like all Real Techniques brushes, are synthetic so wash this baby should be a breeze.

I've been using it regularly since I got it as both a bronzer and blush brush and you can color me impressed. The fluffyness of the brush helps you pick up just the right amount of product so your cheek color can remain buildable and blendable. Although it doesn't give you precise definition like a NARS Yachiyo or a Charlotte Tilbury Powder and Sculpt brush, it does lend to a more or less fool-proof bronzer application. It doesn't cover a whole lot of space so you avoid things looking muddy.

I've really enjoying this with my blushers though. It made me dig up my more pigmented blushers like my Ever Bilena Cheek Blush in Raisin and this brush somehow transforms this into a really, really nice flush of color across my cheeks. I've also been sweeping on a slightly shimmery bronze blush on my cheeks and this brush doesn't make it look patchy on my skin.



I have yet to wash this after my extensive use (Please wash your brushes, guys.) but I will make a short post to report on how this brush performs after cleaning.

What about you? Are there any beauty tools you're in love with? Share it via Facebook, Instagram or in the comments section below!




x

No comments:

Post a Comment