Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Face Full of London


Don't believe that 'oh I'm too cool at to look straight into my own selfie' face, that girl is still internally screaming about her recent trip to London. Oh yeah, she got a bunch of makeup too.


So it goes without saying that I was automatically drawn to any sign that said 'Boots', 'Superdrug', and 'Space.NK'. I was taking photos of these shops like they were going out of style. I couldn't wait to sink my hands into, what I assumed were, piles of eyeshadow sticks and liquid lipsticks and texturizing sprays I could get my hands on. But apparently that wasn't the case as even the drugstore goodies were relatively pricey compared to what we have locally (I mean you can get a lipstick for little over £1). Although I did tell myself to get at least one By Terry Ombre Blackstar eyeshadow stick, seeing it's price makes you wanna second guess a lot of things in life. Like why is it so blood expensive and what compelled me to even consider buying one (Oh yeah- YouTube).

Anyway, here's what I got when I was in the greatest city in the world* (which is also what is on my face/general head area in that first photo). You can consider this as a first impression of sorts.


  • Batiste Dry Shampoo XXL Volume- The lovechild of a Batiste Dry Shampoo and the Charles Worthington Salon at Home Texturising Spray. Leaves your hair feeling fresh at the roots while giving you that boost of volume and fullness. Absolute love.
  • Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Black- A repurchase just in case I run out of the one I'm using now
  • Rimmel ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Crayon in Bad Girl Bronze- Once again, I blame Anna for my obsession with eyeshadow sticks. This particular one is like a chubbier, slightly warmer version of Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Bronze. I've been using this a lot lately and although I expected it to stick on my lids longer, I really love how convenient it is especially if you're in a hurry to head out.
  • Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder- I've been seeing this product for a long time in beauty blogs and videos so I had to pick it up. I only used this once so I can't really say but it is a bit deeper, cooler brown than my current bronzers. When swatched, they look particularly orange next to this one.
  • Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 05 Ole Flamingo- Can I just place a disclaimer in this haul saying "This is all Anna's fault?". Anyway, this matte liquid lipstick is unlike anything I've tried before. It's smooth and so, so, so comfortable on the lips that I sometimes forget that I have a pout full of punch-your-lights out deep pink. When it settles, the texture and feel is very similar to Shu Uemura's Supreme Matte Lipstick. Staying power is A+ too.
  • L'Oreal Miss Manga Mega Volume Waterproof Mascara- I was really keen on getting this after reading/watching so many rave reviews about it, but when I use it I feel like my lashes are neither here or there. For some reason my lashes look really messy when I use this. Further usage is needed.
  • Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint- I regret not getting more of these. I think this is the first "gel" formula that really gives that fresh coat shine even after two weeks. I really regret not getting more of these.
  • Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in No. 53 Light Beige-  I love this foundation. It's got a light to medium coverage that gives your skin that healthy glow. Great color match to my slightly tanned skin (thank you touristy London walking thing!) It smells so lovely too! 
  • Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge- Not sure if I'm loving this yet to be honest. It's a lot more porous than I imagined and I think it's eating up a bit more of my foundation/ concealer than I am comfortable with. Still need to get a hang of this though since people are raving about this one, especially compared to the Beauty Blender.
  • No 7 Stay Perfect Shade and Define Eyeshadow Stick in Velvet Truffle- Let's talk about staying power. This eyeshadow stick is rich a and creamy and stays on for hours. Although it may be a bit trickier to blend because it sets a bit too quickly, color me impressed with this apparent dupe for the ByTerry Ombre Blackstar.
  • Rimmel Kate Eyeshadow Stick in Rose Gold- Now I think is is part of Rimmel's special collection with Kate Moss and to be honest I still haven't used it on its own yet to garner a proper first impression/ review. However, the color is one of those easy, day-time wash on the lids. I'm excited to play around with this.
  • Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturizer- I bought this when I headed for Primark for some emergency luggage shopping and thought I needed to get a cheap moisturizer for my 15-hour flight. This was £1 but it's not half bad.
  • Tangle Teezer- Ok, I confess. I wouldn't pay this much for a hair brush. Heck, I don't even brush my hair in general but I was compelled to buy at least one thing when I stumbled upon the elusive Space.NK beside Harrods. I wanted something, anything so I can bring home a stupid Space.NK paper bag. I know, pathetic. I was generally surprised by how good this is though and it maybe the tool to get me back to brushing my hair.
That's it! I'm sorry for the lack of posts recently. Real life got hectic fast but don't worry, I have a bunch of posts lined up and I hope to get into the groove of things and to actually stick to a schedule!

Let me know if you want me to do a review on any of the items I posted on here! If you want to see what I got up to in London, you can follow me on Instagram!

x

*My own opinion but also completely true.

No comments:

Post a Comment