Saturday, August 2, 2014

Join the Club


Please allow me this time to be wax poetic about a single eyeshadow.



I did my sister's makeup for 2 events she had to attend and, as payment, she agreed to buy makeup for me with a specific budget. So when I popped into the MAC store, I knew I had to get a 217 brush stat- but what do I get with my remaining budget? I asked a person assisting me (silly of me not to get his name) for an eye shadow color that I can just sweep on my lids and I'm done. Usually, Woodwinked, Sable, and Satin Taupe come into play, but then he recommended this one color I've never heard of: Club.


Holy crap this color is hella gorgeous. When you look at it in the pan it looks like a shimmery taupe but when you apply it, you get that sheen of both teal and purple with a that taupe-y base that blends into a warm brown. In other words, someone tried to smoosh a peacock into a pan of eye shadow and this is the lovely result. It's buildable and blendable to get you that perfect, effortless smokey eye.  He says it looks divine with a soft brown blended into the crease for that warm transition color and I think I know what I can use.


I never expected to be so happy with an (admittedly) expensive single shadow, but you can definitely consider me a fan.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment