Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Beauty Scenario Tag


I don't have a YouTube channel where I can wave around my answers to Lily's Beauty Scenario Tag. I do, however, have a blog.


1. You have to get rid of all your foundations and you can only keep one high end and one drugstore, which do you keep?

For drugstore, it's got to be my EB Advance Studio Finish Stick Foundation in Creme. NGL, I kind of dismissed this back then, finding stick foundations a bit old and outdated. Oh, how I was wrong. It's got a buildable, light-to-medium coverage, but even if I have layers of it on my skin still looks like my skin. I like pairing it with my Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser and buffing it it with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. 

I don't own high-end foundation, whoops!

2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?

As much as I would like to say that I'd approach the subject with my interviewer, I'd probably keep mum about it! 

3. You’re not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which lipstick do you put on to make yourself feel beautiful?

It's got to be MAC Russian Red. It's my fool-proof lip product. Even though I look and feel like absolute crap, this always makes me look like I put a bit of effort into my look.

4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and makeup differently?

I would introduce the concept of base makeup. I don't understand how I lasted so long without using it. I'd be sporting raccoon eyeliner and hot pink lipstick with a truckload of lipgloss (holla, Mean Girls phase!) but I wouldn't even have base on. Amazing. I would also tell young me to use mascara because my raccoon eyes were looking kind of ashy without them.

5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott hair cut, but they hear wrong and give you a pixi cut. Do you a) Smile, say thank you, leave and call your mum hysterical b) Cry in the chair and things get awkward or c) Complain to the manager and demand a refund.

Something similar happened to me back when I was university. I asked for nice soft layers and I got a slapdash, mullet-but-not-quite. I freaked. I told them off and demanded a refund (which they didn't give btw) but they tried to fix it but to no avail. I just kind of left feeling absolutely horrible. So yeah, a mix of B and C!

6. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which ‘do it all’ palette do you pack in your makeup bag?

My Love & Beauty Natural Palette. Ok, I understand that Forever 21's makeup line may seem like a joke, but this palette has a number of buttery, shimmer shadows gives me a good range of day-to-night looks. Also it's smaller than my DollFace 28 Neutral Palette so its easier to pack. A close contender would be my Careline 12 Shades Eyeshadow, if I want more options for colors and finishes.

7. Your house has been robbed, don’t worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. What’s the product you really hope is safe?

Most of my make-up are low-end, drugstore things so it's pretty easy to replace. I would be upset if I lost my MAC lipsticks because my two fave shades were gifts from the boy. I'd be pissed if I lost my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation because it was a gift from my sister when she went to London. I'd be upset too if I lost my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light because it was hella expensive. Oh man don't even get me started if they went of with my limited edition SailorMoon Liquid Eyeliner. But I really hope these beauty robbers don't touch my brushes because it took me some time to get everything and I can't even think about losing them without feeling pissed. Ok, calm down Creole.

8. Your friend borrows your makeup and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven’t noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs

None of the above. I would, however, outright ask them what happened to it. I guess it also depends on what item it was? If it's any of the things I mentioned in the previous question, I'd ask them to replace it.

----
That's all the questions! I'm tagging anyone who wants to do this tag! It's really fun and I'd love to read your answers!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment