Sunday, August 3, 2014

Links: Things To Get Ready To

Sometimes it takes more than a cup of coffee to get you going for the day. Click through if you're into some companionable noise while getting ready:



  • Get an 8tracks or a Spotify account- I've had 8tracks for ages but I've only recently gotten into Spotify at the insistence of my mum and sister. Mainly because of this guy's A+ playlists- I'm loving parTunes6 in particular. On 8tracks, there's nothing like doing your makeup to the 22 Jump Street soundtrack to get you pumped for the rest of day.
  • This is my Jam- Jam 88.3 is a local radio station that made me want to listen to the radio again. And by radio I mean just them. All the time. Friday Slide is a fun thing to look out for if you're like me who is perpetually stuck in the past.
  • Actual Get Ready With Me Videos- I never actually finished my makeup routine with just one video, but it does inspire me to try new looks for the day. Chatty ones are my fave.
  • Channel Ideas- If you want (or can afford) something that will make you pause and think for a bit, and you're into pop culture, I highly, highly recommend PBS' Idea Channel. It's got amazing commentary and is surprisingly easy to follow even with all the Jung being thrown around. (Hah.)
  • Weird at last- I don't listen to a lot of podcasts, but when I do, I listen to Welcome to Night Vale. Strange, funny, and strange again, this charming dessert community podcast is my ideal getting ready time frame. Prepare to laugh and then creeped out within the same minute.
What about you? What do you get ready to?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment