Friday, August 15, 2014

Blush Crush

Let's talk about that blush that's got me smitten.


Ever since I saw this Surratt Beauty Ponceau Artistique Blush on Temptalia I fell in love. Instantly. I don't even consider myself a huge blush fan and if I do decide to give my cheeks a pop of color, a deep red is usually where I'm headed. But this poppy, peachy blush is just so gorgeous and so lovely that I had to have it. I searched through my admittedly small collection of blushes but found nothing that resembled it. So I went off to find a dupe, and find a dupe I did over at the Catrice counter with their blush in Think Pink.

For roughly Php 350 bucks, this small, single blush pan packs quite a punch in pigmentation. It is a bit more pink and deeper than the Surratt blush, which has a more yellow-y, coral undertone, but this gives a really lovely pink flush that guh it makes me look healthy and alive. A little goes a long way with this baby as since the color is so bright you need to tap off the excess from your brush and apply it with a light hand. One gripe may be that it sets quickly on the skin so blending may be a bit tricky. However, since it sets well, it also wears well and when that punchy color fades, you're left with this lovely soft stain on your cheeks. And for some reason, looking and holding it's nice, thick acrylic housing is so satisfying and it somehow enhances the entire blush experience (Is that even a thing. I think it is.)

I don't buy a lot of blushes often, but this major blush crush may make we swing that way.

x

PS. Sorry guys, no hand swatches today. My hand is looking extra fug so I'll probably add it to The Feed soon (aka my Instagram).

No comments:

Post a Comment